Re: Disable internal PC speaker?

Stephen Croll wrote:
This solution works, but appears to only apply to the currently
running gnome session.  It doesn't work for virtual terminals nor for
KDE sessions.

I haven't tried this for KDE, but I expect it will work for all bash sessions, no matter where they run:

head -2 /etc/inputrc
# do not bell on tab-completion
#set bell-style none

Just uncomment the second line.

That's system-wide. For one user, you can just login as the user and do

> $ cat >>.inputrc
> set bell-style none
> (C-d)

I hear ya with wanting to 'terminate with extreme prejudice', but I think it's not necessarily wise to completely kill the functionality. Sometimes an audible alert can be useful.

<Joe