Re: bittorrent, azureus, ports and routers

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:37:15 -0700, Jeremy Hunt wrote:
[...]
>> Apparently bittorrent works regardless of blocked ports.  What is it about
>> azureus that's different?
>

>  Azureus has  a UPnP plugin and most routers today have UPnP altough I'm not
> sure if it's enabled by default. If you turn on the UPnP plugin Azureus will
> negotiate the opening of the ports with your router and you won't need to
> log in to configure it it doesn't matter if you have the password.
[...]

I found:

<http://thesource.ofallevil.com/windowsxp/using/windowsmessenger/expert/smc7004vwbr.mspx>

I hesitate to ask the network admin to enable UPnP as he's blocked ports
for this very purpose.  Hmm.  Thanks for the info.

Actuall, that's a rather odd site.  It has Microsoft logos and what-not,
but the URL is "the source of all evil."  Anyhow, back to our regularly
scheduled programming :)

-Thufir