Re: FC4 to FC5 upgrade slow

Mark Haney wrote:
> Has anyone seen an upgrade (using CDs) from FC4 to FC5 just crawl?  I did an
> upgrade on Monday this week from FC2 to FC4 and it went great.  I rebooted the
> server and tested and am upgrading that box to FC5, but it's been going since
> about 10am this morning, I'm still on disc one and it's saying the upgrade will
> take over 600 minutes.
>
> Ideas?

That's slow, but depending on the speed of the computer, it's not
unexpectedly slow. The FC5 installer uses yum to install RPMs, which is
rather more careful / slower than the previous installers.

It should speed up in future releases of Fedora, as the yum engine gets
more performance attention.

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | "Today Has Been Two Of Those Days."
aprilcottage.co.uk |     -- Mike Andrews