Re: Intel(r) Core?2 Duo Processors"

> Interestingly I believe I can see a speed difference using
> www.gmap-pedometer.com between the nv and nvidia
> drivers with my (now ancient) GeForce3.  The nv drivers
> seem to be inredibly slow, so there may not be any 3D
> going on, but it seems the hardware and drivers can still
> matter for modern 2D apps.

I agree with you. I've always been able to see a speed difference on my box
[GeForce FX Go5650] between the nv and nvidia drivers. The nv ones just don't
work as well (yet).  I'm not taking 3D here, even 2D stuff, just moving
windows around etc. (... and if you do need 3D just forget the nv driver).

 Chris