Re: Is it safe to write to a vfat32 partition?

On 16/10/06, George Arseneault <george_arseneault2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have an HP-Pavilion with a 40GB main drive which has
Windows on it and a 8GB secondary drive on which I
mounted FC5.  Needless to say, I'd rather have MP3's,
jpeg's and such on the big drive.

I've got it set up so I can mount the Win drive
read-only. Since, I believe I read it somewhere, that
writing to a VFat partition can sometimes cause
errors.

Is this true?

I used such partition structure for a long time until I got rid of
Windows from my machine altogether. I had no problem writing to Fat32
(or VFAT) partition. Just make it sure you do not lose power WHILE
writing to it because it has no journalling like XFS, Ext3, JFS etc.

Vijay