Re: Remove LVM group entries

Paul Howarth wrote:
Mark Haney wrote:
I did something kind of stupid. I had 2 7TB LVM groups on my SAN that recently were moved (for political reasons) to another system. Now, on the original system they were on, when I rebooted it I am forced to go into maintenance mode because LVM can't see those VGs. How do I kill those entries in LVM so that I can boot the system clean again?

Remove the entries from /etc/fstab?

Paul.

Duh. Yeah, that was it. See, the problem is I've been unable to really work with this system at all for the past year because of political considerations with some Federal funded grants and projects, so I'm not quite comfortable with how it's setup because of the shoddy initial installation and setup.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator