Re: [FC5] video tools for linux?

Alexandru Ciobanu wrote:
On 12/10/06, Deepak Shrestha <d88pak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I want to join two mpegs into one ( two VCD disk's mpreg files) and
convert it to different format like DivX or Xvid. Googlig gave me some
result like "mpgtx" http://mpgtx.sourceforge.net/ AFAIK I know the
later part I can do with "VLC". I need some suggestion and ideas if
other tools exists to do the joining job.

Thanks!

Try projectX

Vijay

memcoder
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html

If you're looking for a GUI tool you could try Cinelerra.
http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3

I will add my vote for mencoder as it is very, very powerful. You can convert almost anything to anything with it.

It can do it all and many other things as well. Note, depending on the version of mpeg, the conversion will cost you some quality.

--
Robin Laing