Re: rkhunter warnings

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 12:20:34PM -0400, William Hooper wrote:

> Vikram Goyal wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I'm using FC5 and recently I started getting warnings from rkhunter cron
> > check. I manually also updated the hashes with same results.
> [snip]
> > * System tools
> > Info: prelinked files found
>
> Is rkhunter smart enough to un-prelink to files so it gets consistent
> hashes?  Does a "rpm -V" on the packages owning these files find anything
> wrong?

Ya! rkhunter knows if files are prelinked and does accordingly. That's
not the problem, I was always getting proper cron mails till recently
and prelink is switched ON on my machine.

The only thing was that it started happening some days back. I thought
that it's some sort of mirror problem or maybe a new version will come
to sort this out. I even waited that someone may report this on the list
if it's a mirror problem;) But since no one reported anything and also
no new version got reported, I thought I better check it out on the list
myself.
--
vikram...
--
Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely.
		-- P.J. O'Rourke