Re: Sorted - kinda. Re: FC5 SAMBA security=share [homes] problem

Gary Stainburn wrote:
On Thursday 12 October 2006 22:23, Paul Howarth wrote:
On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 15:10 -0400, Robert Locke wrote:
Shot in the dark, but could SELinux be getting in your way?  The default
targeted policy in FC5 is blocking Samba sharing of home.  Not sure how
to change it at the command line, but if you look in
system-config-securitylevel there is a boolean under Samba that refers
to allowing home directories to be shared.....
That would be:

# setsebool -P samba_enable_home_dirs 1

See "man samba_selinux"

Paul.

--Rob

Partial success lads. Ran the command-line, and checked in the GIU that it was set.

However, Samba still failed until I set SELinux to permissive working, at which point it started working.

Thanks to both of toy

OK, so now look for SELinux denial messages in /var/log/messages (I assume you're running auditd) that may relate to samba. Post them here and we should be able to sort this.

Paul.