Re: no sound at command line

Guy Schlosser wrote:
Hey all, just wanted to write and see if I can get some help. I am running Fedora Core 6, test 3 on a P-4 2.8 GHZ HT processor with an AC'97 sound chip. I can get sound in X Windows, using Gnome and Orca, but when I try to issue commands like:
$festival
SayText "Hello"
I get no sound out of my speaker. I've checked my amixer settings, and everything seems to be turned on and up to max. Is there a service or kernel module I need to load? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Guy
P.S. Isn't FC6 final supposed to be released today? When it is, can I do a yum upgrade or something like that to come up to current?

edit a text file:

-> cat my.txt
Hello there Phil.
I am glad you are back.
Would you care for a game of chess?
-> festival --tts my.txt

Works.

You are in command mode in your example.

have fun!