Re: FC5 -- "yum -y upgrade" forever

Paul Howarth, Ric Moore,

Gentlemen. Thank you for your responses to my query last week. Sorry I've not been back before to express such gratitude. I was suddenly rather ill, am fine now.

Anyway, I decided last night, as it was a brandnew fresh install, that I would not tinker with it -- that was before I saw your responses. I simply re-installed FC5. Everything went fine this time.

Ok, I've lost the oppportunity to develop my trouble-shooting skills, granted. But I could only forsee that there may be other problems lurking as something obviously went wrong.

Thanks for your advice, however.

All the best
Robert