Re: rkhunter missing

El Miércoles, 11 de Octubre de 2006 04:07, hanpingtian@xxxxxxxxx escribió:
> Today I find that some strange things happened on rkhunter, some files
> belong to it missing:
> $ rpm -V rkhunter
> ..?.....    /etc/cron.daily/01-rkhunter
> ..?.....    /etc/rkhunter.conf
> ..?.....    /etc/sysconfig/rkhunter
> ..?.....    /usr/bin/rkhunter
> missing     /usr/lib/rkhunter/scripts/check_modules.pl
> missing     /usr/lib/rkhunter/scripts/check_port.pl
> missing     /usr/lib/rkhunter/scripts/check_update.sh
> missing     /usr/lib/rkhunter/scripts/filehashmd5.pl
> missing     /usr/lib/rkhunter/scripts/filehashsha1.pl
> missing     /usr/lib/rkhunter/scripts/showfiles.pl
> missing     /var/rkhunter/db/backdoorports.dat
> missing     /var/rkhunter/db/defaulthashes.dat
> missing     /var/rkhunter/db/md5blacklist.dat
> missing     /var/rkhunter/db/mirrors.dat
> missing     /var/rkhunter/db/os.dat
> missing     /var/rkhunter/db/programs_bad.dat
> missing     /var/rkhunter/db/programs_good.dat
> Is this a updating problem of rkhunter itself? Or some rootkits kill it?

I've never install rkhunter from a RPM, I always use it from a tarball.
By the way, I've not found out that problems in normal situation. So, maybe
you should check your logs in order to see if someone broke into your box.

When I use rkhunter or other rootkit-detector I'm used to install it on a no
default path, maybe this way rootkits won't be able to delete any file either
trojanized one.

Greetings.
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.