Re: Unable to use floppy dirve

----- Original Message ----
From: Jeffrey D. Yuille <jeffy5@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 4:24:08 PM
Subject: Unable to use floppy dirve

Hello,

      I have not used my floppy drive in a long time.  However, when I
did a recent clean install of Fedora Core 5 and had to copy a file to a
floppy, the drive did not appear on the desktop.  I had put the floppy
into the drive and the system does not seem to recognize that there is a
floppy there.  There is no floppy icon, nothing.  I also see that I have
the same problem on my laptop (which has Fedora Core 5 installed on it
also).

     Doesn't anyone know how to correct this situation?  It seems that
the system is not recognizing the floppy dirve at all.

Jeff

Try the following
[olivares@localhost ~]$ gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0

if that does not work, mount it as root
[root@localhost ~]# mkdir -p /media/floppy
[root@localhost ~]# mount /dev/fd0 /media/floppy
if the above gives you error messgage then specify filesystem type msdos, vfat,etc
[root@localhost ~]# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /media/floppy

Regards,

Antonio