Unable to use floppy dirve

Hello,

I have not used my floppy drive in a long time. However, when I did a recent clean install of Fedora Core 5 and had to copy a file to a floppy, the drive did not appear on the desktop. I had put the floppy into the drive and the system does not seem to recognize that there is a floppy there. There is no floppy icon, nothing. I also see that I have the same problem on my laptop (which has Fedora Core 5 installed on it also). Doesn't anyone know how to correct this situation? It seems that the system is not recognizing the floppy dirve at all.

Jeff