Native VNC and dual head

Now that dual head is working reliably (at least in Rawhide) for my
ATI based laptop, I started to wrestle with how to "export" the
screens when I want to connect remotely using VNC.  At first I lulled
myself into this false sense of security that each monitor was running
on a separate display (0.0 and 1.0) but soon realized that was not the
case.  They are actually running on 0.0 and 0.1.  So then I configure
xorg.conf to remote the native display and, after dealing with
firewalls and SELinux, it works like a champ for the 0.0 display.  But
getting the 0.1 display to remote natively does not work either
because of a bug, or it wasn't designed to do that or because I'm
unaware of some switch or other mechanism that is required to enable
it.

Feel free to suggest a better list for this query.

-pmr