Re: bsnl broadband setup

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 09:14 +0530, yogesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> hi to all
> i have a proxy server
> early i get internet from tata
> now days i get broad band connection of internet from bsnl
>
> i have a cat6 cable came from modem to my pc eth0
>
> i have only username and passwd
> so how can i create connection to that broadband
>

> please any one give me some idea
> i try with pppoE but i not get successed
>
> also my server have no gui mode
> all are in terminal

Whooeee! That's not gonna be easy... you cannot run X?
Who manufactured the modem? Serial #?

The modem may have its own html setup to use to set it up.
It might use tcp/ip from your machine to it, while it uses PPPoE to the
phoneline depending if it's a cable modem or DSL modem. We gotta know
that. You can try /usr/sbin/system-config-network-cmd for command line
setup to see if a plain ole ethernet setting will work. If it has it,
check DHCP and see if your machine will talk to the modem and give you
all your ipaddress and nameserver stuff automatically. Hey, it's worth a
shot. You won't hurt anything that I know of and may get lucky. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/