Re: Is it possible to create missing device node in /dev

On Monday 09 October 2006 15:32, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > Is it possible to create a missing device node in /dev?
>
> $ man mknod
>
> rday

I don't think that's going to work. For one thing I don't know what I'm doing
with mknod, also it insists that you give both major and minor numbers, and
the only number I have is the major one "81", and if I try it using just the
major # mknod says it's missing options.

What was responsible for the /dev filesystem on FC2 before udev took over on
later FC versions?

I'm not giving up on FC2, as it's always worked well, even though no longer
supported. Someone at LQ suggested a script to load bttv, and I might have to
go with that, setting it up in KDE's autostart.

Thanks for the help.

Nigel.