Re: Can FC6-KDE do aiglx?

Douglas Phillipson wrote:
I here that you can do a 3D desktop with KDE on FC6. In fact here is a video of somebody doing it but I can't find instructions on anything other than MetaCity:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=aiglx

This is no help with KDE:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject/aiglx

Has anyone got a good resource for aiglx with KDE?

AIGLX is the framework. Users dont directly use it or XGL for that matter. Window managers such as Compiz takes advantage of either AIGLX or XGL to provide the desktop effects. I have updated the above page to include more information on this.

Rahul