Re: remove "shutdown" option from gnome system (not gdm!) menu?

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 10:47 -0500, Berna Massingill wrote:
> What I'm kind of wondering, though, is how any of this helps if users
> have physical access to the machine's power switch

One thing that springs to mind is to intervene (put something that
intercepts what the menus usually do), so that when someone does use the
shutdown option, they get a warning in their face that this is a
multi-user machine, and they should just log-out, instead, unless they
really need to turn off the box.  Then give them appropriate choices
(logout, reboot, shutdown).

--
(Currently running FC4, but testing FC5, if that's important.)

I read messages from the public lists.