FC4->FC5 KDE authentication

Hi folks.

Following on from my earlier kmail problems, I think I've narrowed it down.

My home is on a FC4 server and if I log in locally (walking up to it, or using
VNC) then kmail works fine.

If I log in remotely from one of my other servers, or any of the workstations
(all running FC5) kmail fails.

It starts up, but then either immediately pops up a window saying it can't
start the process pop3, or it first asks for a password before doing
likewise.

The problem would appear to be 1) incompatability between FC4/FC5 or the KDE
installed on them, 2) the ssh connection I use to connect the two, or 3) a
combination of the two.

I've only been experiencing the problem for a few weeks, and from memory
coinsided with a 'yum update' run on the FC5 systems.

Anyone got any ideas.

--
Gary Stainburn