Re: NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 Linux Driver

On 10/2/06, Lonni J Friedman <netllama@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/2/06, Dylan Semler <dylan.semler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/1/06, Christopher A. Williams <chrisw01@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Actually, I haven't tried the beta driver since I was only using the
> > Livna packages and and the latest version available from there is
> > currently 1.0.7184. These packages have been there for a little over a
> > month.
> >

> 7184 is quite old (a year maybe).  They are legacy packages and there

1.0-7184 was released on the same day as 1.0-8774.  The difference is
that 1.0-7184 is a legacy driver (and is not intended for use with an
FX5200).

You're right, my mistake.

> only to be used under certain circumstances.  If there is no reason to
> avoid doing so, I'd upgrade to at least to 8774, although this is not
> likely to solve your problem.

I'm not sure why you think that, unless you know what the problem is,
and how it can be fixed.

No real good reason, I'm just skeptical.  I would definitely recommend
using the correct driver, I just wouldn't expect it to solve the
problem.  That'd be awesome if it does.

--
Dylan

Type faster.  Use Dvorak: