Re: remove "shutdown" option from gnome system (not gdm!) menu?

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:49:27PM +0930, Tim wrote:

>>  On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 16:23 -0500, Berna Massingill wrote:
>>  > Unfortunately, in the default setup for FC5, the "logout" menu
>>  > option is now part of the "System" menu, right next to "suspend"
>>  > and "shutdown".  It seems to be all too easy for people to click on
>>  > "suspend" or "shutdown" when they're aiming for "logout", with bad
>>  > consequences for anyone unfortunate enough to be using the machines
>>  > remotely.
>>
>>  How about, removing the entire "system" menu, and putting in your own
>>  custom one with just the entries that you desire?

That sounds promising, but nothing in the documentation I've skimmed
so far gives any clues about how to do that.  There *are* instructions
for modifying the "Applications" menu, but nothing about "System",
and the place where gconf seems to be storing this stuff (whatever it
is that gconftool-2 accesses) -- there just doesn't seem to be anything
there related to the System menu.  Possibly I'm overlooking something?
I'm used to configuring things by modifying text files, and apparently
that's not how GNOME works, so it's been kind of frustrating.  Am I
overlooking something obvious?

--
-- blm