Re: VNC problem - now more understood - but a solution?

Mike Cohler wrote:
So now I know !   VNC works fine when both computers have their
monitor in normal mode.... but once the remote monitor goes into
powersave then VNC misbehaves!

I have the same problem with x11vnc -- I don't have a solution but I do have a work-around that works for me. Before starting up x11vnc, I run

DISPLAY=:0 xset -dpms

After my VNC session, I restore dpms

DISPLAY=:0 xset +dpms

Unfortunately, this wakes up the remote monitor, and disables sleep mode, but it works. YMMV.

Cheers,
Raman