Re: fc6 test 3 help

Guy Schlosser wrote:
Hey all, if I could get some help with FC6, test 3, I'd greatly appreciate it. I installed my FC6 test 3 from a DVD ISO, and have two problems. Number 1: When I run Yum, I get an error that says "cannot read repomd.xml". 2: there is no GCC on my hard drive. I selected the web server check boxes during the package installation, and all seemed to go OK. Can I install more packages (such as GCC)? What is the best way to do that? Also, how can I get yum to work for me? Thanks in advance for any help.

The mirror list had some issues in test 3. Try uncommenting that and enabling the base url in the repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d. Once you do that, you should be able to do, yum install gcc.

Note that fedora-test list has already these discussions and is a better place to ask test release/test updates questions.

Rahul