Re: No Sectors left of 120GB Drive

oldman <talbotscott@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Now I know full well there are more sectors available as I am using less
> than half of the drive!

Ah, but you're using all the sectors in your extended partition.  You
need to either [carefully] grow hda2, or add another primary extended
partition (say, hda3) which covers the rest of the drive, into which
you can add more logical partitions.

> As you can see I should have 16065 cylinders but  cannot access them.

You have 14593 cylinders.  You have used 4807 of them.  You should
have 9786 left.

> 	Is there a definite maximum number of partitions allowed on a
> drive, and have I reached it?

I have drives with 14 partitions on them.  I've had up to 25 before.