Re: Suggestions for e-mail client:

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 14:14 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> Can they still spoof you though, couldn't they?

But you can check against that.

> I wonder if any of my old keys still exist or is there a statute of
> limitations?

You can have expiry dates on keys.  You can still decode messages with
old keys, but the programs stop you from encoding with them.

> How would I check and/or are they assigned to an old email box? Or to
> me, personally?

Keys are usually associated with an e-mail address.  Though PGP can be
used to encode a file, without that requirement.  If you'd published
your keys on a server, you can query the servers for your keys.  You'll
only get the public half of them, of course, which is only of any good
for decoding file meant for someone to decode.

>  If I don't, how do I get a key?

You make your own keys.

Sounds like you want to google around for "How does PGP work?"

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.