Re: smart package mgr question?

On Sat September 30 2006 3:17 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> I just ran smart pkg mgr on my FC5 lappy, and any cups I click
> on claims it will downgrade 3 packages if I exec it.  What the
> heck?  Yumex doesn't seem to have that problem.

SMART is doing what it's supposed to do. It offers an upgradeable
file, but, because all the mirrors haven't caught up, or because
someone forgot to update a spec file, or because I forgot to
take my meds this am, SMART is warning you that it will have to
downgrade two other packages in order to upgrade the first -
sometimes, that can be very useful. Yumex can't get that
sophisticated, and just returns a failed dependencies error in
the same situation.

now - 'bout those meds.....
--
Claude Jones