Re: Problems while installing and compiling a driver for Realtek 8168

Bart De Soete wrote:
Hi,
My laptop got a Realtek 8168-networkcard.
Fedora 5 doesn't recognize it automatically, but Realtek makes it possible
on their website to download een Linux driver for the networkcard.
It's a tarball that I had to unzip and compile as superusern but there are
erros during the compilationprogress.
Can somebody help me, please? Thanks!

If you haven't already done so, go ahead and install the kernel-devel package.

yum install kernel-devel

Then retry your build.