Re: what's the story on mixing yum repos these days?

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, M. Fioretti wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 16:22:21 PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day
> (rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > p.s. is there a single online HOWTO for multimedia under fedora
> > core? sure would be nice if everything related to
> > multimedia/audio/video was documented in a single place.
>
> I've never used it yet, but from the title this seems just the page
> you're looking for:
>
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Fedora-Multimedia-Installation-HOWTO/

i've seen that one, it has *some* info but isn't what i would call
complete.  i also know about this one:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multimedia

i guess i'm just thinking that, when FC6 finally hits, it would be
nice to have a single, semi-official source of information, titled
something like, "so, you just installed FC6 and want to know what to
do next regarding multimedia."

sort of like that.  :-)

rday