Re: Suggestions for e-mail client:

On Fri, September 29, 2006 1:38 am, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
>> On 9/29/06, Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> before viewing.  I never miss seeing someone's large red font or
>>> graphical .sig.
>>
>> Yet we all have to endure your although very secure 19 line text
>> siganture...
>>
>>  ;-)
>>
>> Honestly, all the html email haters need to get over it, it's not 1991
>> any more, we have hard drive space, we have fast cpu's, and we dont
>> have to keep every email we recieve (thank the spamers for that
>> revelation!)
>>
>> I get what your saying, ugly fonts and weird colours and dancing
>> monkeys, but it's not worth moaning about.  Delete is your friend...
>
> Not everyone has cheap bandwidth though. For the vast majority of
> emails, HTML is simply unnecessary.
>
> Paul.
>
> --

When the majority of emails don't even use html features other than a
defualt font, I feel that html emails are just a waste.  Many people leave
the defaultemail settings to html and don't take advantage and in many
cases don't even know how to take advanatage of the html features.  If
more would go just use text emails it would have the additonal effect of
making spam filtes easier to use and reduce the effecyivness of one of the
spammer tools to get past spam filters
--
Norm