RE: A little script help please .... USB Keychain Drives

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 11:13 -0700, Brian D. McGrew wrote:
> Thank you, I got that far but I need a script to figure out where the
> USB device is and mount it for me?

Research tip:  writing UDEV rules

Somewhere I came across a couple of good pages about writing them.  I
don't have it handy, or I'd say it straight out.  I've got to go looking
for them again, sometime.  I'm being annoyed by removable media that
gets mounted differently, sometimes.

i.e. A digital camera using FAT where sometimes the files are accessed
as "IMG_0032.JPG" and other times as "img_0032.jpg", which is,
naturally, a complete pain in the neck on a case-sensitive system.

I want to mount it consistently, automatically, and not have to
post-process files.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.