HP5370C scanner does not work -

Since I rarely have need to scan documents this is
a minor problem but the equipment is connected I would
like it working once more.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?

This did work some time ago when using FC4 Linux
but has not worked since I installed FC5.

sane-find-scanner shows:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x0701) at libusb:001:002

and scanimage -L shows:

Yes, yes, and yes, and I have read a lot of material but nothing that
makes clear what I need to do next.

The scanner is an HP5370c Scanjet for which I gather that I need the avision.conf file but I'm not sure I have that in the right place or that it is commented correctly.

/etc/sane.d/avision.conf

# This are the possible options. Normally any scanner
# should work just fine without them - and they are only
# needed for test and debugging. So if you experience problems
# and you solve them with enabling options here, please notify
# the SANE/Avision maintainer: Rene Rebe <rene@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

#option disable-gamma-table
#option disable-calibration
#option force-a4

#scsi AVISION
#scsi FCPA
#scsi MINOLTA
#scsi MITSBISH MCA-S600C
#scsi MITSBISH MCA-SS600
#scsi HP
#scsi hp

#scsi /dev/scanner
#usb libusb:002:003
usb 0x03f0 0x0701

As I said this same set of equipment did work perhaps a year ago but I can't seem
to get things right again with this up to date FC5 system as root.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin