RE: fvwm not showing any menus in FC5

Sorry I can't find the source that I installed from.
saying that I still have a bunch of machines running this version so the
version number will be in there somewhere.
It is: fvwm 2.5.5 (from cvs) compiled on Nov 12 2002 at 16:43:17

and the rpm I'm trying to get working on FC5 is fvwm-2.4.19-1
I chose this from the fvwm site as it is the most recent stable version.
maybe I should try the 'unstable' release, fvwm-2.5.13.
I'll give that a go and see what happens.

> > This time round I decided to install the binary.
> > I have installed the latest stable version.
>
> If you installed a stable version on FC2 previously then the configs
> should work on this setup as well. When you installed from source did
> you change the install path (ie: ./configure --prefix=/usr)? If not
and
> the user has used absolute paths in their configs then an RPM
installing
> to /usr and not /usr/local won't put things where their
configs/scripts
> etc. expect them to be. How are the perms in the user's ~/.fvwm ??

By the way it doesn't work for *me* on this users machine as well.
I have found out that it did work on the users machine when it was
configured with a standard 1024x768 window using a vesa driver.

What has happened is that it has been configured to work with 2 screens
and use the nvidia driver. This was enabled by downloading kmod-nvidia
and xorg-x11-drv-nvidia modules from the livna repository.
Everything looks ok except I can't see the menu items.
I tried removing my .fvwm2rc file and replacing it with a system one but
no joy there either. I do get my xterms displayed and can type in them
fine.

> The fvwm-user list is a helpful place and very low traffic, perhaps
> answers from there could help you or the user figure things out if
> you're really stuck.

Thanks I'll give that a go.