Re: ACPI, APM daemons

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, Dana Priesing wrote:

Thanks Mikkel:

Since the notebook is a circa 2005 LC2430x, I suspect the thing to do is
turn off apmd and let acpid run.

The apmd startup script will detect if acpi is running and won't start apmd in that case. You can turn apmd off, but it's not necessary.

If your machine supports both, then acpi will run unless your disable it on the kernel boot line.

Thanks

Dana in Philly