Re: Gimp is not printing in FC5

2006/9/24, Erik P. Olsen <erik@xxxxxx>:
Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> 2006/9/24, Erik P. Olsen <erik@xxxxxx>:
>> Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>> > I can't print any image in Gimp. Any other application is working fine.
>> > Some information is sent to my Samsung laser printer as I see green
>> > lights flashing but no output.
>> > I tried to remove -oraw flag but it is worst, i get red light flashing.
>> > What shall I investigate???
>>
>> If your printer is a postscript printer, then in File->Print select Setup
>> Printer. In the Setup Printer box select PostScript Level 2 for
>> Printer Model
>> and for Command either lpr -P<printername> or lp -s -d<printername>.
>> This works
>> fine for my HP Laserjet 2200 and Photosmart 8450.
>>
>> --
>> Erik P. Olsen, Civilingeniør, MSc
>> Solsortvej 30, DK-2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
>> Phone: +45 38346480, Fax: +45 38346470, Mobil: +45 40765300
>>
>> --
>>
> I assume that in both mime.conf and type.conf in etc/cups the # has to
> be removed and the option -oraw has to be removed in Gimp printer
> setup.

Do you mean mime.convs and mime.types? I have not changed any of them (i.e. the
# is still in front of application/octet-stream) and I don't have option -oraw
in printer setup.

> My string is:
>
> lp -s -dSamsung
>
> and I get a red light flashing on my printer.No output at all

I have no further advice since this should work OK. Only comment I may add is
that in order to prevent raw file printing you should comment
application/octet-stream in mime.types which is the way it has always been.

--
Erik P. Olsen, Civilingeniør, MSc
Solsortvej 30, DK-2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Phone: +45 38346480, Fax: +45 38346470, Mobil: +45 40765300

Erik

I uncommented both files as I understand that this is the only way to
make  a printer to  work if you want to share it in a mixed
windows/linux environment.
Have you read my other post about file dimension??
Tnx for help
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag