Re: yum losing it´s flavour?

On Sunday September 24 2006 2:24 pm, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Can yum automatically defer updating the kernel until the
> in-use modules are also available in matching versions?

I remember some discussion of that some time back, but it wasn't enough of an
issue for me, and I was too busy, to follow the discussion. I seem to
remember someone saying they'd written a custom script or something - I also
seem to remember a statement to the effect that there was some work ongoing
to deal with this very issue - if you rely on my memory, however, you're a
braver man than me. You might try to google the list archives, though I can't
help you with the search terms (memory problem)... Actually, I seem to
remember it being in the context of some thread about someone getting his
system hosed because of video issues caused by a kernel update, and how he
couldn't get back...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA