Re: Can't make flash plugin work

Tom Diehl wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
>
>> You have to enable the macromedia repository first, because that's
>> where the flash rpm is to be found. It's not on any of the
>> core/extras/livna repositories, so yum doesn't find it, and that's
>> why nothing happens.
>>
>> You must have a file /etc/yum.repos.d/macromedia.repo with the
>> following content:
>>
>> [macromedia]
>> name=Macromedia for i386 Linux
>> baseurl=http://macromedia.rediris.es/rpm/
>> enabled=1
>> gpgcheck=1
>> gpgkey=http://macromedia.mplug.org/FEDORA-GPG-KEY
>> enabled=0
>>

>> Note that by default it's disabled. Now to install the flash
>> player, you enable it at run time:
>>
>> yum --enablerepo=macromedia flash-plugin
>
> I added the repo as above but I get the following error:
>
> (tigger pts9) # yum --enablerepo=macromedia install flash-plugin
> Deprecated constant TYPE_INTERFACE during plugin initialization.
> Please use TYPE_INTERACTIVE instead.
>

> Error getting repository data for macromedia, repository not found
> (tigger pts9) #
>
> In addition if I goto http://macromedia.rediris.es/rpm/ I get a 404.
>
> Anyone else seeing this??
>
> Regards,

If you get a 404 error it means the site is unreachable, usually down
for maintenance or some such.  A 403 error (the normal response to
browsing to that address), on the other hand means they won't let you
look at their site.

	If you did get a 404 re-try later.  And please note that the command is
yum install flash-plugin. you don't need the --enablerepo bit if the
macromedia.repo is enabled=1.

HTH Scott