Re: Gimp is not printing in FC5

2006/9/24, Antonio Montagnani <antonio.montagnani@xxxxxxxxx>:
2006/9/24, Erik P. Olsen <erik@xxxxxx>:
> Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> > I can't print any image in Gimp. Any other application is working fine.
> > Some information is sent to my Samsung laser printer as I see green
> > lights flashing but no output.
> > I tried to remove -oraw flag but it is worst, i get red light flashing.
> > What shall I investigate???
>
> If your printer is a postscript printer, then in File->Print select Setup
> Printer. In the Setup Printer box select PostScript Level 2 for Printer Model
> and for Command either lpr -P<printername> or lp -s -d<printername>. This works
> fine for my HP Laserjet 2200 and Photosmart 8450.
>
> --
> Erik P. Olsen, Civilingeniør, MSc
> Solsortvej 30, DK-2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
> Phone: +45 38346480, Fax: +45 38346470, Mobil: +45 40765300
>
> --

I assume that in both mime.conf and type.conf in etc/cups the # has to
be removed and the option -oraw has to be removed in Gimp printer
setup.
My string is:

lp -s -dSamsung

and I get a red light flashing on my printer.No output at all

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag

I do not understand why, if I reduce image dimension in the output, I
can print!!!
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag