network went ape with update??

Wow, it all went blooie! No clue what broke other than DNS resolves when
it feels like it, anyone else have update break something I should be
looking at?

I had to reset my dsl modem back to DHCP mode to get names resolved at
all, now I'm fixing to try to set it back to pass through mode and see
if it'll work again. It was working just fine, then nada. I suspect an
update of some kind. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256