Re: FC5: no sound from SoundBlaster Audigy SE sound card

Gene Heskett writes:

Its a ca-106 based card, and considered to be the same junk as the average
winmoden.  Take it back and get a real audigy 2 or 4, without the SE
label.  The model SB-400 version of the Audigy 2 uses the std emu10k1
driver and works great, including playing midi stuff.  I have one, but I
think they are out of the box houses pipelines now.  Darnit.

Crud. OK, wish I had known that before I bought it. I will be returning it. Thanks!

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***