slow surfing broadband under FC5

Hope someone can help.

I have 512k ADSL broadband and connected to the internet via a D-Link modem/touter. A laptop with XP and everything is fine on that.  Another laptop with a dual boot system. I have Win XP (and again everything is fine) and FC5.

The problem is when I am surfing the internet under FC5 Linux. Certain sites are fine, but some (google.com, www.smh.com.au, etc,  to name a few) just don't load, sometime, it keeps "looking up ... ' or  'connecting to ...'.   sometime, it stoped with ' loading problem ...', most of the time it just stops after loading the banners.

the ethenet connection obtains auto dynemic ip address.

Any thoughts anyone? I am using the Firefox 1.5.0.7 browser.
Yuandan