Re: hostname doesn't stick

On Sunday 17 September 2006 16:07, Ric Moore wrote:
>On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 02:33 -0700, jdow wrote:
>> From: "Tim" <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> > Tim:
>> >
>> > jdow:
>> >
>> > Yes, I saw that just as I pressed the send button.  ;-)  Doing too
>> > many things at once.  It should have said that doesn't give "any"
>> > example.
>> >

>> > We don't need no education...
>>
>> Never let a straight line go unbent. That's one of my mottos.
>>
>> {^_-}   I hope it didn't offend. I just have a rotten and quixotic
>>         sense of humor.
>
>That's why we all love you so much Ms. Jdow. You are like a pet
>Rottweiler. As long as you love us back, we're safe for now. And, that
>could change. It's the potential danger that we respect about you, as
>well as admire... safely from afar. <chuckles hugely>
>
>Fellow traveler in rotten and quixotic sense of humor, Ric

Having known about Joanne since back in my amiga days, its taken me a while
to sort of 'figure' her out.  Its been a long and gratifying affair for me
since her teachings are generally spot on.  The afar part in this case is
enforced by the sheer mileage since she's on the left coast and I'm nearly
to the right coast, the only way I'd ever make it to Joannes home diggings
is via a 747.  But if it should ever happen, I'll buy her & Loren the
first round.  Promise!  And spend the rest of the evening boreing each
other with our respective war stories, I can tell a few myself. :-)

>--
>My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
>"There are two Great Sins in the world...
>...the Sin of Ignorance, and
>...the Sin of Stupidity.
>Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
>
>Linux user# 44256
>Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/
>http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
>http://www.wayward4now.net