Re: very low input on micro

Claude Jones a écrit :
> On Sunday September 17 2006 6:19 am, François Patte wrote:
>
>>I have an ASUS P5WD2 Premium mobo and it seems that the sound card is a
>>realtek ALC882.
>>
>>I have a very low input for the microphone (alsamixer mic=100%) and I do
>>not what is to be done in that case.
>>
>>Can someone give me some clue?
>

> Bonjour to you: You haven't given enough information. Maybe this will help
> you. On my system, which is running KDE, I can open KMix and go to
> the "Switches" tab, and there is a switch to boost the mic input +20db. It
> seems to get turned off by updates periodically and makes my Skype unusable
> till I figure it out.

I'm not using KDE but there is the same system with gnome, and this
appears also when you run alsamixer from the command line, *but* in the
case of this specific sound card (which comes with the mobo) I cannot
see this "boost" switch and I am wondering if some driver is not missing
for this card.

Regards.

--
François Patte