Slightly OT Language Translation in Linux?

Is there a language translation package available for Linux?

I know Fedora can be installed with different language packs.
That does not help me because I only know how to write in English
(sometimes! <G>).

What I am after is an application that can take text from one
language and translate it as accurate as possible to another
language.

I have found a number of web sites that will do this.  They either
limit you in size or times used and/or they want you to buy their
software that runs on MS Windows. Some sites translate the text
the same way, some sites translate it different.  I am only going
between English and Spanish right now.  If only I had bothered to
learn Spanish when I had the opportunity constantly put in front
of me in school. :(

I want to be able to translate between English, Spanish, French,
German and Italian.

--
Jack Gates http://www.jlgates.com