problems in installing realtek 8139 network card

Hi,
I have 2 network cards in my FC5 computer, eth0 connects to cable bradband internet and works just fine,
but eth1 seems to be impossible to get up nd running.

There are 2 driver modules for this card on the system, i.e. 8139cp and 8139too, and I have tried both, (not simoultaniously of course) by aliasing eth1 to one or the other in /etc/modprobe.conf.
In trying to activate it (running neat) I get this message:
"8139cp device eth1 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization."
In the hardware list in "NEW" (in  neat)I find (and have used)
RealTek RTL8129 Fast Ethernet
Perhaps this is the problem - the hardware spec is too old while the driver spec is correct ..? (the "guide" on the accompanying floppy specifies 8139)
Anyone in the loop on this one?

Regards
PA