Re: firefox crashes with acroread plugin

Klaus Steinberger escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> this bug is hitting me since at least firefox Version 1.5.0.6 (i think 1.5.0.5
> introduced the bug). Also the new 1.5.0.7 Version has this bug.
>
> Every time the acroread Plugin is called firefox crashes. Also there is an
> additional bug (or probably the same bug in another look and feel). The SUN
> Java Plugin starts, but does just nothing. Could be easily reproduced by
> surfing onto the SUN Java Testpage
> (http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml)
>
> These bug probably is introduced by some change for Fedora (or dependent from
> Compiler Version?), as the stock binary from mozilla.org does not show this
> bug.
>
> I already wrote a Bugzilla Report (#203709), but no reaction until now.
>
> So please fix this bug, as it is really very annoying.
>
> Sincerly,
> Klaus Steinberger

Hello,

I never had this issue.

I'm using Firefox from the tar ball format, because has my country
language. It's locate at /opt/firefox.

I just did copy nppdf.so from
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/ to
/opt/firefox/plugins/. And I repeat the process when Adobe Reader
changes its version.

I have builded my own java using the tips at fedorafaq's site. Then I do
a symbolic link from /opt/firefox/plugins/ pointing the java plugin to
its original place.

Bye,
Vinicius.