Re: compiz on fc5

Frank Pineau wrote:
On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 10:20 +0200, Mitja Mihelic wrote:
I used this:
http://fedoraxgl.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Installation_en

I used that guide to get XGL and compiz working on my nvidia.  It's
pretty slick, but it screws up my TwinView dual-head setup.  Without XGL
running (gnome-xgl-switch --disable), I have my main screen and my
second screen.  With XGL and compiz running, I have one desktop
stretched across both screens.  This is with no changes to xorg.conf.  I
have the same results with xinerama.  Anyone else using twinview or
xinerama?

As they say, timing is everything.

See my post from today here:

  http://www.illawarra.org/linux/guestbook.php

Be sure to remove ALL of the installed RPMS that you got from the tuxfamily site and that TwinView is working properly with X/Metacity, before proceeding with the instructions here:

  http://www.illawarra.org/linux/index.php?id=howto

Note that I DID install compiz-quinn and cgwd as per the How To.

Then follow along with the additional notes in my post. Note that you will need the 'xorg-x11-server-Xgl' and 'glitz' RPMS from the tuxfamily site, which are from June. TwinView is broken for the moment in the more recent versions of XGL, so you need the earlier versions of these from tuxfamily.

However, you want the newer versions of the other stuff from Illiawarra, as they are more stable and include the new Compiz configuration program called 'csm', rather than GConf or gset-compiz, which are now defunct.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz