Re: OT: Inundated with bogus(?) warnings I'm infected

Paul Howarth wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

It's probably just clueless anti-virus software sending mail to the forged sender address used by the virus.

Quite possibly. But some of it has the virus in it as well.
I'd like some help reading the forged headers and trying
to clean or shut down whoever is doing this.

How about posting the headers from one of the mails and we can take a look at them?

Paul.

Ok, here's an example. I turned on all headers. The actual message
in this case is one that my ISP caught, and clobbered the attachment
which the ISP claims contains a copy of a virus. In cases like this,
the attachment is 0 bytes long. The message sent to me purports
to be a delivery failure. I know for a fact that I did not send
any such message. As pointed out by others, this may be the results
of yet another party who is infected, and who is unknowingly spoofing my
e-mail address. It has been more than a year since I last booted
Windows XP on my machine, and when I do boot it I am never connected
to the net. I have never set up XP on this machine to be able to
send or receive email.

-M-E-S-S-A-G-E---B-E-G-I-N-S-
Your AT&T Yahoo! Mail Virus Protection detected the virus 'W32.Mydoom.M@mm' in the file 'Document.pif', attached to the enclosed email message. We scanned the file using Norton AntiVirus but were unable to clean it. Therefore, we removed the content of the attachment from the message. Please contact the message sender if you want to receive the attachment. They must clean the file and resend it before we can deliver it to you safely.

AT&T Yahoo! Mail successfully cleans most infected attachments, which protects you from viruses.