Problem with creating LVM Snapshots

When I create LVM, there is a 50/50 chance that I get this message:

LV XenGuest/fcnode003 in use: not deactivating
Couldn't deactivate new snapshot.

As you can potentially guess, I am using Xen on a fedora core 5 system
and am attempting to create clones of a root Xen machine.  In doing
some googling about this problem, I discovered that this problem seems
to exist in other distros as well and the fix is to change the
configuration in /etc/udev.rules from:

KERNEL=="dm-[0-9]*",           NAME=""

to:

KERNEL=="dm-[0-9]*",           OPTIONS+="ignore_device"

I ended up changing the /dev/udev/rules.d/40-multipath.rules file and
adding the line since the problem line does not seem to exist in any
of the rules files.  After restarting udevd, I seem to no longer have
the problem.  On the other hand, I might be just getting lucky.  Does
anyone know if this is the proper fix for Fedora's configuration?  Is
there a plan to fix this problem another way?  If not, will this
configuration change be made as part of the distribution as (at least)
a short term fix?  Does anyone know if RedHat has acknowledged the
problem and working on fix?

Thanks for any input.