Re: yum update problem doing gtk2

Gary Stainburn wrote:
Hi folks.

I've just done a new FC5 install and I'm wanting to do a 'yum update' but I'm having a problem.

It looks like there's a problem with gtk2-2.8.20-1.i386.rpm.
Every time it tried to download the header from any mirror I get:

Trying other mirror.
gtk2-2.8.20-1.i386.rpm    100% |=========================| 5.4 MB    00:25
http://ftp1.skynet.cz/pub/linux/fedora/updates/5/i386/gtk2-2.8.20-1.i386.rpm: [Errno -1] Header is not complete.
Trying other mirror.
gtk2-2.8.20-1.i386.rpm    100% |=========================| 5.4 MB    00:24
http://www.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/fedora.redhat/linux/core/updates/5/i386/gtk2-2.8.20-1.i386.rpm: [Errno -1] Header is not complete.
Trying other mirror.
gtk2-2.8.20-1.i386.rpm    100% |=========================| 5.4 MB    00:27
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/5/i386/gtk2-2.8.20-1.i386.rpm: [Errno -1] Header is not complete.
Trying other mirror.

Is the problem at my end, or is the rpm faulty?

Either way, can anyone suggest how I can fix/work round this problem.

Thanks

Gary

If rpm verify and queries do not show any problems, the yum cache might be corrupted. You could try clearing the yum cache and try again. Hopefully the header in cache being corrupted is the only problem.

Jim

--
Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farther away.